Updated: Oct 28, 2020
by Courtney Beck
Salt Baths are an ahhhhmazing way to de-stress and self-bless. Sinking into the warm bath water, mindfully relaxing and allowing your cares to be washed away is not only healthy for your body and skin, but for your mind and spirit as well.
Here's a list of the top 10 benefits of taking a detoxifying salt bath.
1. Stimulates circulation
2. Eases muscle cramps
3. Detoxes the body, skin, and auric field
4. Moisturizes skin
5. Helps with insomnia
6. Recharges your energy
7. Brings balance to mind, body and spirit
8. Relieves joint stiffness
9. Boosts the immune system
10. They just feel soooo good!
How to Prepare a Relaxing Salt Bath
Think of your salt bath as a ritual, because it is. This is a time for you! A time to detach from the stress and worry of life, and give yourself the ultimate gift of nurturing self-care.
What You'll Need
1. 1 cup of Epsom salts or Himalayan Salt (coarse or fine, or a combination of both)
2. Essential Oils (I recommend Lavendar, Frankincense, or Chamomile)
4. Bath pillow or towel for your neck
5. Relaxing meditation music
6. Your favorite body moisturizer
7. Incense to burn during your bath (optional)
8. A nice fluffy towel to dry yourself with
1. Prepare your bath water. Get the water hot enough to be comfortable. (You don't want to scald yourself.)
2. Add 1 cup of your bath salts as you fill the bathtub and allow them to dissolve.
3. Add 8-10 drops of your Essential Oils.
4. Light your candle, turn down the lights, and turn on the music. Light your incense if you're using it.
5. Get into the bath. Do not bathe in the water. This is for relaxation only. If you feel the need to bathe, shower before you enjoy your bath.
6. Soak in the water. Allow your thoughts to float away and simply be present in the moment. Enjoy the luxurious feeling.
7. Soak for 20-30 minutes.
8. When you're done, allow the water to drain while you're still sitting in the bathtub. As the water drains, imagine the toxins and negative thoughts and emotions are swirling away down the drain with the water.
9. Exit the tub (carefully...you may feel slightly jelly-legged). Dry off with a towel. Apply your favorite moisturizer.
10. Run some water through the pipes as you rinse the bath. This helps all toxins to exit and prevents them from sitting in the plumbing.
11. Drink plenty of water for the next 24 hours as your body continues to detox. This will help to flush the toxins our of your system while keeping you hydrated.
Essential Oil Combinations
5 drops lemon
3 drops rosemary
3 drops thyme
5 drops lavendar
4 drops chamomile
3 drops frankincense
How Often Can I Take a Salt Bath?
You can take a salt bath 2-3 times a week. I wouldn't recommend doing it more often than that.
That's it. Give it a try and see how you feel. I guarantee you'll love it!